Tuesday, August 21, 2012

The Never Ending Weight Loss Attempt...

Is it me or does this weight loss thing seem to be one of the biggest challenges in life. It’s so hard for me to stick to my weight loss plans. I’ve tried dieting, Weight Watchers, and even joining a workout group, but to no avail, I always end up falling off the wagon.

The funniest part of it all is that you never really notice the weight gain, it’s like you just wake up fat one day, whats up with that! For a while I would say stuff like, man, having children sure does do a number on your body;  or,  this brand isn’t good quality-the clothes shrink everytime I put em in the dryer. It's time for me to get real-my youngest child just turned five years old. I've come up with more excuses than someone going to jail! The fact of the matter is-I CAN DO THIS!!! I can shed these pounds,  I just have to have the will to do it. Heck, I could have Meagan Good’s body by now!  I really believe that my biggest issue is consistency. I need to settle on a routine and STICK TO IT.  Another thing is-I have to be willing to change a few things-Okay, Okay, a lot of things.  For instance, those 2:00 trips to the vending machine have to STOP, I've got to stay away from those Famous Amos Cookies and 3 Musketeers. Why in the heck did they put the vending machine so close to my cubicle anyway!?!?

When I think back to my most successful period of weight loss, the thing that stands out most is my food journal, I truly believe that keeping a journal helped me stay on track, it actually made me conscious of the foods I ate from day-to-day. Another thing that helped me was eating every two hours. I’m not talking about devouring a double quarter pounder w/ cheese at twelve o'clock and then having  a three- piece chicken dinner at 2:00pm (who does that?). I'm talking about having a sensible snack every two hours between meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner). This said, I think I’m gonna start my “Never ending weight loss attempt” AGAIN, wish me luck !!! :-)

So how are you going about reaching your goal weight?


2 comments:

Cindy Calderon said...

I have this really great app on my Iphone. It's called "Lose It"....its really easy to use and you can track everything you eat in there plus whatever exercise you do. It's effortless. You dont have to put the calories or anything in there, just search the food, select how much of it you consumed & it automatically pulls it up & adds it into your daily log for you, or you can scan the barcode of whatever your eating, if it has one. You can also search by restaurant and supermarket foods. There is nothing I have searched for so far that it couldnt find & calculate for me. Since having my son 4 years ago, I've already lost 55 pounds. And not overnight. My mantra is SLOW & STEADY and replace your fluids with water 90% of the time. The first year, of course, I lost the initial 15-20 pounds of baby weight, but after that...I've averaged about 10 pounds a year loss & it has stayed off. The other 10-15 pounds i have left to lose will probably take another 2 years, but who cares. I'm enjoying eating the foods I love without feeling like I'm depriving myself. And if you can squeeze a little exercise in, 2-3 days a week, it really goes a long way. I hope this helps. Good luck! :)

Perfectly Imperfekt Me, aka Maya D. said...

Cindy, thanks for sharing, I'm installing the app as we speak. I'll let you know how I like it in the coming months... wish me luck, and thx a lot! :-)

Post a Comment

Hello Beautiful One!
I can't wait to read your sweet comment... you don't have to worry about the verification box popping up-I've disabled it for your convenience. If your'e a new follower, leave me a link to your blog so I can swing by to check you out.

There's no LOVE like comment LOVE...

Many Blessings!
Maya D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Photobucket Please click here for a proper welcoming to my site.


Perfectly Imperfekt Me

We Are The Tabbs

What Jean Likes


  • How To Know God
  • Nice Girls Don't Get The Corner Office 101
  • The Help
  • Why Caged Birds Sing
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved