Tuesday, January 6, 2015

The Big Girl Room!

IT'S FINALLY COMPLETE! 


 A few weeks ago, I shared some pictures of the items I purchased from Land Of Nod (LON) for  {my seven y/o daughter} Amaya's "Big Girl" Room Makeover. I'm pleased to say that EVERYTHING (including the backordered items that were supposed to be delayed) arrived in time and best of all, EXCEEDED my expectations. Might I add how adorable their packaging is... I love the cute polka dot boxes and the elegant blue interior- just darling!


The Desk & Chair is from IKEA 
It was important to me to incorporate a few pieces that had a personal touch, so for her Arts & Crafts area I DIY'd the "Create Joy" sign displayed above the desk-- Yep, folks! It's a Maya D. Originale'!







The color pallete was inspired by this cute little Kate Spade "Things We Love" box (pictured below). I Chose these colors because they pair perfectly with my little cupcakes personality,  as she's FUN, PLAYFUL & FULL of LIFE




The Behr product line is pretty A-1! I've used there paint for several projects around here and THEY. WORK. WONDERS. 
In most cases you only need one coat--HUGE TIME SAVER! 

We used four colors (for the walls):

Orange = Orange Burst
PINK =  Dragon Fruit
Green = Hidden Meadow
SEA GREENISH =  Mystical Sea

Now,  can we take a moment to CHECK. OUT. THOSE. CHEVRONS. 

My Handyman-of-a-hubby hooked them up! He's an all around winner, and guess what y'all...I get to spend my life with him! Guess who's BLESSED, yep! --> THIS GIRL<-- 



  

 So... You wanna know a few secrets to pulling off a rockin' room makeover? 

1. IKEA
2. ETSY
      3. TJ MAXX
     4. Michael's 
  5. Amazon
6. Kohl's 
7. Target


I managed to snag the garland below from Studio Mucci (on Etsy)- I cringed at the price, but I loved it so much, I couldn't resist.  The quality is great-it's clearly handmade with LOVE. 

Aren't the Doggy Tail Hooks pure PERFECTION! How can a dog lover, NOT love these!!! These are only the cutest lil hooks I've ever seen and they tie-in  wonderfully with the "Well Trained Doggy" bedding I purchased from (LON) SCORE-Amaya loves them and I love that they keep her organized. Kudos Ikea!

I purchased the "Never forget you are loved" Canvas Art at TJ Maxx and the two water paintings are {"Friendship Art"} from one of Amaya's playdates. Cute idea, right?







While browsing the LON website, I stumbled across some really cute hideaways, but they aired on the expensive side- So, what does one do? 

a. Purchase an adorably cute, kinda pricey Play House from LON

b.  Skim the web to find something comparable

c. Head straight to amazon because they always seem to have cute little deals for affordable prices...Ding, ding, ding! 

Amazon it is!


Voila! Reading just got even BETTER...






Prior to the makeover, My daughter's room lacked heavily in the storage department.
Thanks to Whitney over at "The Cuban In My Coffee", storage is no longer an issue. 

Her recommendation for the Kallax storage system couldn't have been better. I don't know how we managed with out it. It's Ah-masing for sure. 

I also took a page outta her book by adding the gold and black polka dots to the white IKEA Kassett boxes pictured below! 



More Pictures!!





























Aren't these "Garden Fairy Rose" string lights along the window adorbz!!! Check out Button Owl Boutique on Etsy!





Amaya's reaction to her room was PRICELESS! When she entered the room on Christmas Day, she was ecstatic... so ecstatic that she was at a lost for words... she literally resulted to pointing and SCREAMING!!! lol... soooo HAPPY she's HAPPY.

FYI: LON is giving you 15% off of all furniture purchases from now through 13 Jan! Also, if you sign up via email, you can benefit from an additional 10% off your entire purchase.

Happy shopping people :)

'Til next time.... Take Care!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Photobucket Please click here for a proper welcoming to my site.


Perfectly Imperfekt Me

We Are The Tabbs

What Jean Likes


  • How To Know God
  • Nice Girls Don't Get The Corner Office 101
  • The Help
  • Why Caged Birds Sing
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved