Saturday, November 3, 2012

I Did My Part, Did You?

Today was a rather exciting day for me. Today was the first time that my husband and I were able to go to the Polls together and cast our vote. As we stood in that [what appeared to be] never ending line, I  couldn't think of any other place I'd rather be.  As the gentle breeze blew, I glanced up at the red and white stripes of the American Flag, flapping so graciously in the air,  at that very moment I was proud, proud to be free, proud to have a voice, proud to exercise the very rights my ancestors fought [and even died] for.






 As they say; after the the rain comes a rainbow and at the end of the rainbow, lies a pot of gold. Well, this was my pot of gold…. I rocked my "I Voted" sticker with pride! Hmm, I am a woman and and a minority... you betta know it! I wanted my sticker, too many people had to fight for me to have this privilege. I ain't playing, give me mine, please and thank you!


I refuse to wonder what could have happened had I voted, I know a lot of people feel that their vote won't  count, that it doesn't really make a difference, but at the end of the day we have to realize that we are the difference, we determine the change, and that change comes about one vote at a time. So please do yourself some good and go out to exercise your right to vote!!!




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Photobucket Please click here for a proper welcoming to my site.


Perfectly Imperfekt Me

We Are The Tabbs

What Jean Likes


  • How To Know God
  • Nice Girls Don't Get The Corner Office 101
  • The Help
  • Why Caged Birds Sing
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved